COAST Funding and Centre Manager -Isle of Arran
Posted: 12 March 2019
Closing: 31 March 2019
Category: Non MASTS
JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Funding and Centre Manager
SALARY RANGE: £22,000 - £28,000 per annum pro rata (£17,600 - £22,400 for 30 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Centre Administration Assistant and Centre Volunteers
CONTRACT: Initially 12 months
LOCATION: Lamlash, Isle of Arran
- Plan, co-ordinate and implement a diversified fundraising strategy to ensure COAST’s long-term financial stability.
- Manage and maintain the Octopus Centre and the range of services provided.
- Supervision and management of the Centre Administration Assistant.
- Manage the budget for the Octopus Centre. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES Specific duties include the following. Other tasks may be assigned in line with COAST’s objectives and priorities. Fundraising
- Review fundraising strategy and create an ongoing and up to date plan.
- Ensure a variety of funding is secured; core, project and capital to meet the annual budget forecast.
- Achieve fundraising targets together with the Executive Director and Outreach and Communications Manager.
- Produce grant applications, identify potential new donors, build relationships with major donors, and develop diversification of income streams (legacy, local and corporate).
- Produce reports for funders based on accurate expenditure information.
- Prepare fundraising updates for regular Finance Working Group meetings.
- Manage the database for grant application information, facts and figures and reporting and ensure it is up to date.
- Identify areas to the Executive Director, book-keeper and any other relevant team members where and by when restricted funding needs to be spent.
- Review and contribute to the donations and funders sections of the website.
- Ensure any donors via website or otherwise are acknowledged and thanked directly.
- Keep recording up to date and produce bi-monthly summary report for the Executive Director in time for the finance working group. Community, visitor and business engagement
- Engage with local businesses and realise the economic benefit of the South Arran Marine Protected Area.
- Work with team to increase COAST’s volunteering capacity. Marine Activities and Learning Centre - Octopus Centre
- Supervise the maintenance of all facilities at the Centre, the upkeep of the building and outsource support (such as cleaning) as required.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety, insurance, and any other legal regulations.
- Ensure maintenance of the air compressor and oversee the provision of the air fill service.
- Together with the Outreach and Communications Manager, ensure the marine tank is maintained and the creatures and plants within it are well cared for.
- Work with the Executive Director and Outreach and Communications Manager on ensuring best practise to maximise revenue via the Octopus Centre.
- Develop a plan for interpretation and engagement facilities for the outdoor space at the Centre in conjunction with other team members. • Keep recording up to date and produce bi-monthly summary report. Finance and purchasing
- Work with the Executive Director and liaise with COAST’s treasurer, bookkeeper, and Centre Administration Assistant to deliver effective financial management for the charity.
- Handle all purchases appropriate for the position consistent with COAST’s procurement policy.
- Be familiar with the use of SAGE management accounts in liaison with the bookkeeper.
- Identify annual delegated budget for this role in agreement with the Executive Director.
- Manage income and expenditure against delegated budget for Funding and Centre Management. Management and supervision
- Provide management and supervision for the Centre Administration Assistant, including a Personal Development and Performance Review Plan. Events, meetings and operations
- Answer all enquiries and promote COAST’s work in a confident, inspirational and motivational way.
- Assist with the administration and support for events, meetings and community engagement consultations.
- Take notes at meetings and draft minutes as required.Provide support to COAST’s operations and activities as required.
To apply, a full CV with a covering letter detailing how you meet our requirements should be sent by email to:
Jenny Stark at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 31st March 2019.
Interviews are likely to be held on the 25/26th April.
If you would like to discuss this position with us informally please email us at the same address.