Science Officer - European Marine Board Secretariat
Posted: 17 December 2020
Closing: 31 January 2021
Category: Non MASTS
The European Marine Board Secretariat is looking for a full-time Science Officer to join the EMB Secretariat based at the InnovOcean campus in the port of Ostend, Belgium.
InnovOcean also houses the Flanders Marine Institute (VLIZ) and a number of regional and international marine organizations including the International Oceanographic Data Exchange office of IOC-UNESCO and the Secretariat of the European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODnet). Staff working at InnovOcean generally live within a commuting radius which includes Ostend itself, several coastal towns, the heritage city of Bruges and the vibrant university city of Ghent.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, professional Secretariat to promote and advance marine science on behalf of the EMB membership of institutions from across Europe. The post can involve regular visits to Brussels and some international travel.
- This full-time position is offered by European Marine Board IVZW for a contract period of 4 years. The successful candidate should preferably start in April 2021.
- The place of work is Ostend (Belgium) and the post will require some international travel.
- A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
- To apply, send a full CV, covering letter and motivation statement (500 words max.) outlining your suitability for the post by 17:00 CET on Sunday 31 January 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the following reference in the subject line: EMB SO2021. Please include the name and contact details of three referees.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Monday 15 February 2021 and will be invited for an interview (in-person or potentially via online video-conferencing) to be scheduled in the week of 22 February 2021. Prior to the interview, the shortlisted candidates will be asked to undertake a writing and editing skills test (in English).