The Coastal Futures – REACH 2021 Online Conference
Diary Date: January 19-21, 2021
The organiser's of the Coastal Futures conference and Restoring Estuarine and Coastal Habitats (REACH) project have joined with World Wildlife Fund-UK to develop a major online conference. This will take place online from January 19th to the 21st, 2021. There will be 12-15 sessions covering a wide range of major themes that relate to the way we are intending to restore and recover our coastal and marine environment (see below).
We will be writing to past sponsoring organisations shortly outlining the new online options to support our normal package.
The programme will be published at the beginning of November and key themes are outlined below.
If you have any suggestions for what we should cover NOW is the time to contact us at email@example.com.
Sessions currently cover:
- Setting the Scene - An Overview of the Decade Ahead – keynotes covering global perspectives and the vision for UK seas
- The Environment Bill & Managing the Marine Environment
- Restoration & Recovery - Practice & Delivery – international and UK examples (three sessions)
- Blue Carbon: from idea to practice
- Youth Voices for the Ocean - What can we learn from the next generation
- Funds & Valuation
- Offshore Wind & Climate Mitigation – Meeting Boris’s Challenge
- The Fisheries Act- Where next?
- Inshore Fisheries: Seafish Review – IFCAs
- Marine Protected Areas: HPMAs – The Features Based Approach – Dogger Bank
- The Climate Emergency and coastal adaptation
- Coastal Governance & the Environment