The Scottish Universities Partnership for Environmental Research Doctoral Training Partnership (SUPER DTP) is pleased to announce its first call for PhD studentship proposals.
The SUPER DTP partner Universities are St Andrews, Aberdeen, Edinburgh Napier, Heriot-Watt, Highlands and Islands, Stirling, Strathclyde and West of Scotland. PIs from these Universities are invited to submit project proposals. The deadline for submission of applications is 12.00 GMT on Monday 10th December 2018.
A PI can submit more than one proposal, but in the event that both are ranked as supportable, only the highest ranked of the proposals will be supported. A PI who submits a proposal(s) as first supervisor can also be involved as secondary/tertiary supervisor in other proposals, in the same call round. Successful supervisors of this first round will not be eligible for the next scheduled DTP funding round, but may do so in the following round.
We approve of all kinds of cooperative projects, and individual arrangements can be discussed with the Executive on a case by case basis. We routinely distinguish between 3 types of studentships:
- Super Standard PhD Studentship Award (67% SUPER, 33% HEI)
- Super CASE PhD Studentship Award (67% SUPER, 33% HEI – plus CASE award going to HEI/student)
- Super Collaborative PhD Studentship Award (34% SUPER, 33% HEI, 33% non-HEI partner) - could also include a CASE award. If a PI is able to secure more than 33% funds from industry partners, this may be used to offset the HEI partner contribution.
Some of our non-HEI SUPER DTP Collaborating Partners have suggested areas of research that they may, in principle, be willing to consider, together with a point of contact. Find out more by clicking on the links below:
- Marine Scotland Science (revised 26/11/18)
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- Marine Mangement Organisation
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- JNCC - willing to be CASE partners
Organisations wishing to become collaborating partners should contact email@example.com in the first instance.
Enquiries related to this call for proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The SUPER DTP is funded by: