MASTS is involved in the European Marine Biological Resource Centre, which is a distributed Research Infrastructure (RI) initiative. Find out more here.
MASTS is one of three UK organisations represented on the European Marine Board
- Results from the EMB MO Consultation: Perspectives on ESFRI and wider Marine Research Infrastructures. Background document and Collated results and analysis.
MASTS also has links with:
- National Oceanography Centre and the NOC Association
- Scottish Aquaculture Innovation Centre
- KDM - Konsortium Deutsche Meeresforschung - German Marine Research Consorium is made up of sixteen institutions and universities of Germany in the field of marine and polar sciences as well as of coastal research. The members are part of a European and global network of such institutions. With approximately 2,200 scientists of basic and applied marine research, KDM provides comprehensive expertise to meet global challenges having to do with the sea and our environment.
- Campus Do Mar - is a project spearheaded by the University of Vigo and promoted by the three Galician universities, the Spanish Council of Scientific Research (CSIC) and the Spanish Institute of Oceanography (IEO). It therefore brings together socio-economic agents and marine researchers from the Galicia-Northern Portugal Euroregion, in order to harness the best possible potential and optimize the available resources. It sets out to energize a cross-border network comprised of research, teaching and technology transfer units, with a view to training the best professionals and researchers in the field of Marine Science, in its different economic and social aspects, and thus generate quality
research and international impact, in order to provide the industry with the best tools for competing on a global scale.
- Environmental Research Institute, University College Cork, Ireland.
- Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research
- University of Salento, Italy.
- EMECO - European Marine Ecosystem Observatory - is a consortium of European Marine Institutes that aim to integrate marine environmental monitoring, ecosystem modelling and coastal and ocean research.
- Towards European Integrated Ocean Observation. Expert group on marine research infrastructures. Final Report. January 2013.
- Development of a framework for Mapping European Seabed Habitats (MESH)
- New Zealand Marine Sciences Society
- Australian Marine Sciences Association
- National Association of Marine Laboratories (USA)
- Marine Environmental Observation Predication and Response Network (MEOPAR, Canada)
- ERA - MarineBiotech: Funded under the FP7 ERA-NET scheme, ERA-MarineBiotech is a consortium of national funding bodies seeking complementarities between national activities to pool resources to undertake joint funding of transnational projects in the area of Marine Biotechnology
- NOC Association