The Research Themes will identify and support specific areas of work through Forums. These Research Forums will form the major scientific driving force of the MASTS community. The Forums are designed to be dynamic and may be proposed by groups of MASTS members but may also be dissolved where lack of activity does not support their continuation. Each Forum has an elected Convener and an appointed Steering Group.
Forums are responsible for developing their research agendas, project consortia and undertaking targeted Knowledge Exchange activities. Forum Conveners also have oversight of any designated Community Projects.
If you are interested in proposing the development of a forum, please contact Prof David Paterson to discuss your ideas in the first instance.
Generalised Forum objectives can be summarised as:
- Facilitating networking and information exchange within the Forum by convening meetings and workshops.
- Proactively developing a national, regional and sectorally relevant strategic research agenda to provide direction and a measure of priority to research in the particular area.
- Securing appropriate scientific representation on strategically important bodies to ensure feedback to the MASTS community.
- Developing a co-ordinated approach to interactions with funding bodies, Government and other stakeholders.
- Developing a structured, co-ordinated and timely approach to the provision of impartial advice to key stakeholders.
- Reporting back to the MASTS Executive Committee at least once each year to provide a brief account of progress against each of the agreed objectives of the Forum.