Invitation to join MASTS Renewable Energy Forum event - ORE and Japan
The MASTS Marine Renewable Energy Forum invite you to attend a joint networking event on Tuesday 27th February (10.00-17.00) at Marine Scotland Labs, Aberdeen.
A number of colleagues from Nagasaki University, Japan will be visiting to discuss areas of synergy and collaboration in the area of offshore wind, but they are also interested in linking ORE with sustainable fisheries (including marine environment, ecosystem, marine biological resources, fishing villages, community etc).
A draft outline of the day is below and if anyone would like to provide a short presentation at the event, please let us know. In the meantime, I would be grateful if you could RSVP to email@example.com by close on 16/2/18 if you would be interested in attending this event.
- Status of renewable energy including floating offshore wind in Japan and Scotland and key challenges
- Current priority areas of research (Japan)
- Current priority areas of research (Scotland)
- 2 minute wonders – MSS research seminar series
- Recent developments in ocean governance – the Ocean Policy and status of MSP
- Potential areas of collaboration and funding opportunities
- Summary and next steps