MASTS is one of three UK organisations represented on the European Marine Board
- Results from the EMB MO Consultation: Perspectives on ESFRI and wider Marine Research Infrastructures. Background document and Collated results and analysis.
MASTS also has links with:
- KDM - Konsortium Deutsche Meeresforschung - German Marine Research Consorium is made up of sixteen institutions and universities of Germany in the field of marine and polar sciences as well as of coastal research. The members are part of a European and global network of such institutions. With approximately 2,200 scientists of basic and applied marine research, KDM provides comprehensive expertise to meet global challenges having to do with the sea and our environment.
- Campus Do Mar - is a project spearheaded by the University of Vigo and promoted by the three Galician universities, the Spanish Council of Scientific Research (CSIC) and the Spanish Institute of Oceanography (IEO). It therefore brings together socio-economic agents and marine researchers from the Galicia-Northern Portugal Euroregion, in order to harness the best possible potential and optimize the available resources. It sets out to energize a cross-border network comprised of research, teaching and technology transfer units, with a view to training the best professionals and researchers in the field of Marine Science, in its different economic and social aspects, and thus generate quality
research and international impact, in order to provide the industry with the best tools for competing on a global scale.
- Environmental Research Institute, University College Cork, Ireland.
- University of Salento, Italy.
- EMECO - European Marine Ecosystem Observatory - is a consortium of European Marine Institutes that aim to integrate marine environmental monitoring, ecosystem modelling and coastal and ocean research.
- Towards European Integrated Ocean Observation. Expert group on marine research infrastructures. Final Report. January 2013.
- Development of a framework for Mapping European Seabed Habitats (MESH)
Image databases (please read terms and conditions carefully):
Other Useful Links
- Marine Scotland Interactive: provides access to spatial data held by Marine Scotland
- Fisheries Innovation Scotland: as well as acting in the capacity of Secretariat for the organisations first 18 months of operation, MASTS was also instrumental in the creation of FIS.