2017 MASTS Studentships
The Marine Alliance for Science and Technology for Scotland in conjunction with Scottish Natural Heritage, EMEC and Marine Science Scotland, have awarded funding for seven Ph.D. studentships that will start in October 2017. Click on title for the advert.
- Determining the Ecology and Physics of Tidal-Stream Habitats (DEPTH). Based at Aberdeen University and UHI and co-sponsored by EMEC. Application deadline 16/6/17.
- Changes in marine mammal habitat use relative to fish-farm seal-scarer noise off western Scotland. Based at SAMS and co-sponsored by SNH. Application deadline 5/6/17.
- Scotland’s Pockmarks: understanding the link between gas-escape features and buried carbon in fjordic systems. Based at Stirling University and co-sponsored by SNH. Application deadline 9/6/17.
- Developing an evidence base and methodology for the assessment of fish and shellfish stocks using Remote Electronic Monitoring (REM) data. Based at Aberdeen University and co-sponsored by MSS. Application deadline 25/8/17.
- Developing and testing novel methods for monitoring deep-water marine protected areas in Scotland. Based at Heriot Watt University/Edinburgh University and co-sponsored by MSS.
- Developing a length-based stock assessment methodology for Firth of Clyde finfish and scallops. Based at Strathclyde University and co-sponsored by MASTS. To be readvertised soon.
- Effects of Combined Aquatic Noise and Chemical Pollution on Early Stage Marine Invertebrates in Different Temperature Contexts. Based at Edinburgh Napier University and co-sponsored by MASTS. Application deadline 10/9/17.