If you are a MASTS community member and have recently published paper or report that you would like to see added to the list below please provide the Directorate with reference details and either a PDF or link to the publication.
Selected publications from the MASTS community
- Coastal Lagoons workshop report - sponsored by the Marine Planning & Governance Forum
Grant Agreement No MARE/2014/19 (SI2.705256) – "Strengthening regional cooperation in the area of fisheries data collection in the North Sea and Eastern Arctic" Final Report now available to download 8/8/16. This work was project managed by the MASTS Directorate - please get in touch if we can help with your project.
- DPMS Case study report - Berx, B., Gallego, A., Heath, M. and The MASTS Community (2015) Loch Linnhe and Firth of Lorn - MASTS Case Study Workshop Report. Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science Report 6 (1), pp.34, doi:10.7489/1539-1.
- Malarkey, J., Baas, J.H., Hope, J.A., Aspden, R.J., Parsons, D.R., Peakall, J., Paterson, D.M., Schindler, R.J., Ye, L., Lichtman, I.D., Bass, S.J., Davies, A.G., Manning, A.J. & Thorne, P.D. (2015) The pervasive role of biological cohesion in bedform development. Nature Communications, 6:6257 doi: 10.1038/ncomms7257
- Henry et al (2014) Global ocean conveyor lowers extinction risk in the deep sea. Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, Vol 88: 8-16. Open access part- funded by the MASTS Deep Sea Forum.
- Diele, K. (in press) Sobre a definição da zona de apicum e a sua importância ecológica para populações de caranguejo-uçá, Ucides cordatus (Linnaeus, 1763). Boletim Técnico-Cientifico do CEPENE (Centro de Pesquisa e Gestão de Recursos Pesqueiros do Litoral Nordeste). Translated title: “Definition of the Apicum-zone and its ecological importance for populations of the mangrove crab Ucides cordatus (Linnaeus, 1763)”. This paper contributes to the ongoing discussion regarding the unfortunate recent changes to the protected area status of Brazilian mangrove ecosystems - thus published in Portuguese and in a Brazilian journal freely available to the wider public and decision makers. The apicum zone (supratidal) has lost its protective status (no longer defined as part of the mangrove ecosystem) and aquaculture industries can now be built in this area. The apicum, however, is important for the recruitment of the economically and ecologically important mangrove crab U. cordatus.
- Loxton et al (2014) Variability of Mg-calcite in Antartic bryozoan skeltons across spatial scales. MEPS 507: 169-180.
- Loxton et al (2014) Variability in the skeletal mineraology of temperate bryozoans: the relative influence of environmental and biological factors. MEPS 510: 45-57
- T. Gotz and V. M. Janik (2014) Acoustic deterrent devices to prevent pinniped depredation: Efficiency, conservation concerns and possible solutions. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 10/2013; 492:285-302. DOI: 10.3354/meps1048
- T. Gridley, V. Cockcroft, E. R. Hawkins, M. Lemon Blewitt, T. Morisaka and V. M. Janik (2014) Signature whistles in free ranging populations of Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins, Tursiops aduncus. Marine Mammal Science. 30(2): 512-527
To download a list of MASTS Publications (to end 2013) click here.